Events programmed to revitalize the city.
When studying the project site it was difficult for us to find big problems that needed major interventions in this urban center. It was not like other projects where you could see things that do not work clearly.
We believe that the historical center of Ingolstadt does not need large investments or complex projects to recover its urban quality. With a good management of the current urban resources and a bit of reorganizing the open spaces of the city and the public infrastructures we can obtain great benefits for revitalizing this beautiful city.
The center of Ingolstadt is characterized by its coherence and contains a historical ensemble, with beautiful corners and a great architectural and urban heritage, with the right scale and topography flat enough to promote cycling and a pedestrian lifestyle.
A city attractive enough to welcome new inhabitants and tourists.
We base our proposal on a strategy of urban recycling and improvement rather than following a Masterplan of hard transformation and strong investments.
We believe that a very interesting way to achieve great effects and urban transformation for Ingolstadt is committing to “events” as urban regenerators able to reactivate the city and obtain impressive results in the relation inhabitant – city – visitors.
We understand that Ingolstadt has all the advantages of becoming an EVENT CITY.
Working in good management (urban, political, social and economic) of these events, the city center will be revitalized greatly and all at a very low cost.
Ingolstadt is strategically located between several major cities such as Munich, Stuttgart and Nuremberg, making Ingolstadt a perfect destination for any type of event that welcomes thousands of visitors.
Events can be of any scale and any type, and all of them will have a place to stay in the center of Ingolstadt.
We understand that by simply making small modifications to its urban landscape we can prepare Ingolstadt for organizing these events so that visitors and citizens can enjoy them comfortably and benefit a lot from these new activities.
The city will be ready to host new events and further develop those it already has: the organization of a music festival, large corporate promotions, fashion shows, sports competitions, small-scale meetings, book promotions, gardening contests, carnival parades, pet shows, fashion night party, open air theater festival, art gallery openings, neighboring celebrations, Oktoberfest, triathlon competitions, philatelic exhibition, etc..
By inserting small urban transformations into the historic center of the city of Ingolstadt or by recycling existing infrastructures we can host any of these events and also improve the life of the city when there are no events, which is as important to us as being able to welcome them.
EVENT CITY MASTERPLAN will be good for Ingolstadt by:
- Obtaining economic benefits from new visitors, improving the local economy by encouraging the creation of new hotels, recycling of existing buildings, new restaurants and shops, where more people will find jobs.
- Enhancing local cultural life with plenty of new opportunities to organize exhibitions, art markets or any kind of festivals that will make the city’s name more attractive and welcome interesting people.
- Achieve much better social cohesion among the city’s inhabitants because the events can have a solidarity supporting character, guided by public management. Social interaction of different ages and/or activities of diverse social groups that may mix or happen at the same time.
- Recover the historical urban heritage thanks to the new uses that we will provide anywhere in the city. In addition, the new income from the events can be used for the rehabilitation of the city’s architectural heritage, and in a few years several buildings may look much better than they do today.
- Provoke population growth in Ingolstadt, thanks to the new jobs created in the tourist, cultural and service areas.
- Improve the reputation of the city of Ingolstadt everywhere thanks to the publicity of all the events organized in it. The name of the city will appear in all kind of media.
Our entire Masterplan strategy is based on a low investment plan, not only because we recycle urban spaces and architectural elements as much as possible, also because the new proposed structures are low cost and with great potential benefits from a small initial effort.
In summary, Ingolstadt has a strong potential as an event organizing city. It has a privileged strategic location between important German international cities from which visitors will easily arrive. Also a beautiful architectural and urban heritage interesting enough to be an attraction in itself. By recycling these spaces and in some cases adding simple but strategic new structures, the city can benefit greatly from the EVENTS, which will improve its urban quality.
Ingolstadt will be known as EVENT CITY! A Masterplan example of how to recycle a city by promoting a cultural lifestyle, social cohesion, heritage recovery and urban reactivation with low-cost interventions.